Friday, February 26, 2010

Collaboration

I was a little hesitant this week about working in groups. In another class I just finished a group assignment and it wasn't the smoothest work group I have been in. I was very happy to see that my worries were for nothing after getting in contact with my group members this week. It has been a much more positive experience.

In our groups we are looking at school library websites. I have to say that the more examples I look at the more I realize that there is no perfect library website. I can see myself picking and choosing different elements of the websites I visit to create my own ideal website. At times I question what has been done to some library websites. Particularly with the Springfield Township High School website. Their main page is very visually pleasing (http://www.sdst.org/shs/library/). But when I click on a link I feel that the beauty and organization have been replaced with a jumble of links (http://springfieldpathfinders.wikispaces.com/). Hopefully this was taken into consideration when designed and has been found to work for their users.

No comments:

Post a Comment